Monday, October 6, 2008

And Then He Went--Back To Wyoming


I just got back from a wonderful trip to Wyoming. Dad picked me up at Denver International and from there we aimed the truck straight to Medicine Bow National Forest.

We didn't get a deer this time (twice, Dad had one in his sights--including a nice buck--, but never had the right shot), but it was a great trip nonetheless. We camped in a beautiful valley, alongside picturesque South French Creek. We hiked through golden aspens, fished in the shimmering, burbling creek, and talked about this and that by the crackle of our campfire. We spotted a family of moose numerous times (twice, they walked right beside our camp) and we were visited by a beautiful red fox one evening.

After a few days in the mountains, we drove to Cheyenne, where I was born and raised. I got to spend some time with Dad's wife, Penny, and their two sons, Cody and Tyler, and see their new house out in the country. The boys and I threw the football around for a few hours (had a sore arm after that!) and I got to meet a likable goat named Merle.

Click HERE for the photos.

No comments: