Tuesday, October 2, 2007

mellow, sort of

Slow day, one of those days. Those days in which it's easy to get carried away.

Carried away, I was, to a bookstore for lunch. Lots of new books out I'd love to read and will, but in the meantime I've a stack of books at home I should lay my attentions on before spending money on more more more.

New books I'd love to read someday:
- Bowl of Cherries by Millard Kaufman
- Tree of Smoke by Denis Johnson

Books I've alread got and are in the queue:
- What is the What by Dave Eggers
-A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas by Chuck Klosterman IV ...Technically this one belongs to my cousin Debbi, but she moved to Amsterdam, so what's she going to do about it? Nothing. Oh, and Debbi... I'm a really slow reader. Sorry!

When the work day closes, I'll head home for a bit and a bite, but then I'll be back downtown. Going to The Showbox tonight to see The National -- a fantastic band from Brooklyn.

I'm in my headphones now. I'm in there with Iron & Wine's new album, The Shepherd's Dog and it's a nice place to be.

No comments: